This past weekend the new Writing Archives department came to Wallkill to show us what they have been up to the past 2 years. Very exciting Display they set up for us to tour. The first weekend they showed it in Brooklyn, then Wallkill and they are going to Patterson this coming weekend. It took Ryan and I 3 1/2 hrs to do the whole thing. It was well worth it! They started by showing us how they collect and restore and then preserve the artifacts they receive. Alot of what they get are donated by the friends. So if you have or know anyone with some cool pieces of our theocratic history.. they are sure to be interested! Contact the "Writing Archives Department" in Brooklyn, Ny. This tour will not be on the tour route in Brooklyn so I tried to take as many pic's as I could. Enjoy!

Elk Grove Punjabi w/ Wappinger Falls Hindi

Elk Grove Punjabi w/ Wappinger Falls Hindi

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a cold winter for sure! But we have been having a great time. We have been busy working, tired all the time!! Missing home like crazy!  :) Ryan is getting use to driving the trucks in the snow storms while they send us temp housekeepers out to shovel snow. Last weekend we attended the Hindi Circuit assembly at Stanley! It was great to see the all the friends.. Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati ect.. and all the lang. learners from all over the U.S. Friends from Cali, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Canada.. so many more I can't remember at the moment.  It was awesome! We miss everyone and hope to hear from you soon. R&S

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you two. We miss you two, but how I wish Den and I would have had the opportunity to do what you are doing. We are all doing what we can, busy and happy! I love all the pictures. Sarah you are soooo beautiful! You too Ryan. :-)

    ReplyDelete



A Rainbow!

A Rainbow!
Today was a beautiful December day!

These pictures are of my walk to work after morning worship, and a few of Ryan on his route. And our latest Hindi public talk & WT study.
Save

We are having a great time. This week i'm still in house keeping training. These pictures are from our walk to morning worship. And a few from the house keepers that i've been getting to know. They are all real nice, and helpful, especially when I'm wandering through the hall ways lost trying to get to my assigned rooms for cleaning. Ryan is driving now, they have him on a local route to get him familiar with complex. Pretty stinking hot here!

Hindi group.

These are some picture of the Hindi group that we are assigned to. The first pic's are of us in service and the prison where there is a Punjabi bible student. No cameras aloud in the prison :( We were able to join the study on Saturday afternoon. It was awesome. The next pictures are from the Hindi public talk & WT study. The group has great support! and they are very good at using their Hindi. No English! wow. The couple that we took a picture with ( she's wearing pink punjabi suit) is the couple from India that are in the Gilead class. And a picture of a fox running through the fresh blueberries growing at Wallkill.